The UKITA Association (pronounced “Yew-Key-Tah”)
- An independent not-for-profit Trade Association which has been trading since 2002
- Member of the Trade Association Forum www.taforum.org.uk
- It has a constitution and code of conduct which members are expected to operate under
Advantages of membership:
- Daily IT, Digital and Tech alert email for tenders and projects which they could apply for
- Optional Quality Mark accreditation
- Impartial information on IT apprenticeships, Government schemes and business support available in the marketplace
Duties and obligations:
- Behave in an ethical manner towards clients, customers, staff and suppliers
- Adhere to the UKITA code of conduct
- Pay the UKITA membership fee annually
Costs and fees:
For Schools and Colleges:
Any schools or FE college departments which are interested in career paths into different parts of the IT, Digital and Tech Sectors can contact our Membership Services Director, Andrew Corbett for information and advice on 01785 532381 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the livechat on the site.
Broadly the career destinations divide into:
- Digital marketing and websites
- Programming including mobile apps
- Service providers – installers and support desk
- Cyber security and information assurance
Our thanks go to Northallerton School and Sixth Form College – link
Whose ICT A-level students pester us with coursework questions about UKITA and so caused us to make up this page for answers for them and other Schools and Colleges UK-wide!
It’s gratifying to see courses that include the professional aspects of the smaller companies in the IT, Digital and Tech economy. We need young people to be seeing our industry as a potential place for them to launch successful careers in the near future!