UKITA members often tell us that the current range of IT apprenticeships available do not suit them very well. The reasons they give include:
- Lack of flexibility in what the apprentices are learning outside the workplace
- Low people skills, problem-solving communication ability and timekeeping amongst the candidates
- Apprentices aren’t becoming productive quickly enough
Along with UKITA member Digital Native, we are designing an IT apprenticeship which recognises the needs of the smaller IT/digital business and is focused on getting the apprentices up to speed for what you need as soon as possible. The scheme is funded in exactly the same ways the bigger providers and taps into the same government money.
This launch event is an opportunity for interested people from small and medium-sized IT employers to:
- Tell us what you need from a fit-for-purpose apprenticeship scheme
- Hear about the co-branded UKITA/Digital Native scheme and how it’s genuinely different from what is available elsewhere
- Give us feedback
- Consider that this is the ideal time of year to get an apprentice with schools ending this month
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A UKITA MEMBER TO ATTEND THIS FREE EVENT – JUST BOOK AS ‘UKITA MEMBER’ on EVENTBRITE
The programme will be launched in the West Midlands on:
Friday 25th July
12.30pm – 2.00pm
Digital Native UK, The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, B9 4AA.
Please sign up here and come along or, if you can’t make it, phone the UKITA membership office on 01785 532381 and give us your thoughts.