Who are our members?
- It’s hard to describe our members as coming from merely one single sector exactly – the breakdown by sub-sector is shown on the right
- UKITA members come from across the diverse IT/Tech/Digital spectrum of sectors – our members and contacts provide Digital Marketing (Website, SEO, Content Marketing), e-Commerce, Tech product and service development software development, the Channel and providing a complete range of managed IT/Tech services to clients
- What they have in common is that they are committed to looking after their clients or customers and to the constant improvement of their products or services, client care focus and in developing their own skills as leaders and the skills of their staff
Sizes of member business
The size distribution of our members almost precisely represents the size profile of the entire tech/digital sector across the UK so the ‘Polo Mint’ diagram below in effect shows you the percentage of our members in each size band
- Whether you are a one person business, have a small team of people working for you or are running a medium-sized company with tens and even hundreds of people involved, you are part of UKITA’s natural constituency
- Remember, the Government defines you as an ‘SME’ whether there is just you in businesses or you have up to 249 employees!
- The average size of a UK IT/Tech/Digital company is somewhere between 5 and 8 people
When new members join UKITA, the decision is usually taken by one of two people:
- The business owners or founders
- wanting to take advantage of our services and standards
- looking for ways to link up with their peers and to benchmark themselves against best practice
- wanting to support our aims and our support our voice as the drivers of the REAL IT/Tech/Digital economies
- in order to gain visibility through our range of directories and our PR platforms
- looking to gain engagement with their marketing and social media content via shares and retweets on our own platforms